Friday, January 28, 2011

First weeks with eMi

After the long drive from Virginia, I arrived in Colorado Springs to begin my internship with Engineering 
Ministries International (eMi).  I spent the first week in orientation with the 25 other interns and some of
the eMi staff.  It was a week full or praying, learning, and team building...and not a lot of sleep.  I have loved hearing people’s stories and what God has done in their life to bring them to this time and place.  





At the end of the week, many of the interns dispersed to their overseas offices for their term with eMi.  Nine of us are staying here in Colorado Springs, one of eMi’s sending offices.  We will all be going on project trips during our term and 5 of the interns already left this week for Kenya, Uganda, and Nicaragua.  
This past week was the first week in the office here in Colorado.  We spent the first three days doing civil engineering seminar, AutoCad training, and general office orientation.  The rest of the week was spent with my project leader and making preparations for our team’s trip to Haiti in about a month.  I am looking forward to the work that I will get to help with!  More to come.








1 comment: